You are hererahul's blog
I returned to serious DotNetNuke development this year after a gap of more than a couple of years probably. And I must say, I did not see much changes as far as the public API of DotNetNuke is concerned. Yes, there have been good UI changes, some new capabilities but the underlying framework feels the same (this was in stark comparison to my last year's experience with migration from Drupal 6 to Drupal 7, where the entire Drupal API was overhauled, and here in DotNetNuke, the framework had notched up by 2 major versions).
In one of our Enterprise web application, we rely on Sql Server's Service Broker backed Query Notification feature a lot. Basically the database of that application is exposed to many other client-specific apps, and our app needs to respond to changes being made in the database by the other apps, a perfect use-case for Query Notifications.
However I lately started seeing lots of these errors in our application's Event Log for one specific client after an update was pushed to them:
I do not have much time to provide the background, suffice it should be to say that I decided to adopt ASP.NET 4.0 MVC Web Api in a major way today after being in evaluation mode for some days (4.0 MVC was still in Beta as I wrote this).
And so I needed to convert my existing Web Application (WAP) projects to Web Api projects. And I followed a very simple approach to figure out the same. I created a new solution with 2 projects, one a WAP project and the other a Web Api project. I removed all default configuration from both the projects leaving only the absolute essentials behind.
In the last few weeks, I have written a good number of PowerShell scripts that accept input from the user in the form of traditional prompt boxes (e.g. in one situation, I needed the user to enter Sql connection string to execute custom actions against a database). And it appeared to me it might be useful to share the function to produce a simple prompt box in PowerShell.
So without wasting much time, here's the function:
Some weeks ago, I had installed BitVise's WinSSHD server on my primary SVN server machine to enable secure remote access. After the installation, I was noticing that WinSSHD's Control Panel would start up automatically when I login to the machine.
We had recently upgraded a client site from DNN 4.x to DNN 6.x and refactored the site in a major way during the upgrade. One of the things involved as part of the upgrade was revamping the theme of the site.
I have been using Subversion for version control for a good time now. And I use CollabNet's Subversion server for all in-house SVN repos. It has been only recently that a need arose to restrict access to repositories for my colleagues.
I am in the process of revamping server setups for my office as a part of which I am establishing different Windows servers for Sql Server Developer 2008, Sql Server Express and Svn Server. Considering that I often work late nights from my home as well as when I am travelling, I wanted to be able to connect securely to any of these servers as and when required, even when I am outside my office's local network.
I was today making some changes to a web application for a client hosted on a dedicated Win 2008 server. When I tried to connect using FTP to upload my changes to the web-server, I got a:
Response: 425 Can't open data connection.
Error: Failed to retrieve directory listing
I was recently allocated a Microsoft BPOS Online Services Exchange account for a client and I was configuring the same in Outlook. To keep up with the emails on the new account, I wanted to receive all incoming/outgoing emails for this BPOS account to my another email account that is synced across multiple devices I use.